According to Apple, recording screen of your iPhone or any other iOS device is not legal. But that doesn’t stop app developers from trying to find a workaround for it. BB Rec is also an app that tries to trick the Apple’s AirPlay feature similar to iRec and AirShou. Today in this tutorial, I will show you a method of BB Rec download and tell you how you can use this free iPhone screen recorder without jailbreak.
What is BB Rec
As I mentioned in the intro of this tutorial BB Rec in an iPhone app that tries to trick the inbuilt feature of AirPlay in iPhone. It works very much similar to how iRec 2.0 and AirShou works. It creates a virtual AirPlay enabled device for the iPhone and when the iPhone sends its screen feed to that virtual AirPlay device, thinking that it is a real TV or something, it captures the video feed and stores it as a video file.
The cool part about this app is that it doesn’t even require a network connection. It might look like the Screen video feed will go through the network but that is not how it works.
BB Rec Download: Multiple methods?
There are quite a few methods of Downloading the BB Rec Screen recording app on iPhone but most of the methods stop working after a couple of days. While these methods are convenient because you don’t need to have access to a computer, but they turn out to be not reliable.
I will be showing you all the possible methods of BB Rec Download on your iPhone just in case if you don’t have a computer. But I highly recommend that you use 1st method cause that method will not stop working. Can’t say the same for other methods.
Download and Install BB Rec without Jailbreak using Cydia Impactor
If you are even somewhat familiar with Cydia Impactor, you will know how this works. But Just in case if you don’t know, I have given step by step instructions for you to follow.
To download and Install BB Rec using Cydia Impactor, you will need to have a couple of things downloaded beforehand.
- You will need a computer, doesn’t matter Windows or Mac, any computer will work.
- The program which will sideload the BB Rec screen recorder on iPhone which in this case is Cydia Impactor. Make sure that you download the latest version of Cydia Impactor from the official website. A lot of people think that they have the program already downloaded on their computers but It is always good to download the latest version anyway.
- Apart from a lightning cable and your iPhone, you will also need to make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes installed on it. It doesn’t need to be running, just make sure that it is installed.
I am using my iPad Air 2 in this tutorial but this works on any iOS 9, 10 or later device.
- First of all, download the IPA file for BB Rec from this link. This is the file that I have successfully been able to install it via Cydia impactor on my iPad.
- Now open the Cydia Impactor and connect your iPhone to your Computer using the lightning cable. Make sure that the Cydia Impactor has detected your iOS device. If your iPhone is not showing up in the Impactor window, you will need to reinstall iTunes.
- After that, you will simply need to drag and drop the IPA for BB Rec screen recorder inside the Impactor window.
- Cydia Impactor will ask you for a valid Apple ID, don’t worry, it is 100% safe. Enter any valid Apple ID and password in the impactor window and it will start installing the “BB Rec Screen Recorder” without jailbreak. If you face any error, you can refer to this page here I cover most of the common errors in Cydia impactor.
- As soon as you will enter an Apple ID in cydia impactor, the installation of bb rec screen recorder will start and the app icon will show up on the home screen of your iPhone with in a couple of minutes.
- Last step is to open Settings of the iPhone and navigate to General > Profiles section. Here you will be able to find the Apple ID that you used while installation. Tap on it and tap on the trust button. This will allow you to open BB rec screen recorder on your iPhone.
Note: Please keep in mind that if you use cydia impactor to install apps on your iPhone, those apps will work for only 7 days. If you want to use these apps for longer time, you will need to repeat the installation after every 7 days.
Install BB rec screen recorder on iPhone without computer
Just in case if you don’t have access to a computer or the 1st method is not working for you for whatever reason, here is another way to get BB Rec screen recorder on iPhone without jailbreak. This method is not as reliable as the first one but still you can use it as an alternative.
One cool thing about this method is that you don’t have to reinstall the app every 7 days. It will keep working as long as Apple doesn’t revoke the developer certificate. This same thing also makes this method unreliable as well.
- Open this link in Safari browser on your iPhone.
- You will be redirected to tutuapp site. If you see that you will need to pay for it, don’t worry. Tap on the “Regular” text in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the green download button on that page and allow the installation.
- Once the installation is complete and you can see the tutuapp icon on your home screen, go in Settings and navigate to General > Profiles section.
- Here you will need to trust the developer certificate for tutuapp. Find the certificate that has tutuapp in it and trust this certificate.
- After that, you can go ahead and open tutuapp. Inside that you can search for BB Rec screen recorder and install it.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the BB rec app on your iPhone, you will again need to go to Settings > General > Profiles and trust the developer certificate for BB Rec as well.
- Open the BB Rec screen recorder and enjoy it without jailbreak.
Just in case if you are facing any issues with both of the methods, there are some other methods as well. I have already covered these in separate posts that you can find here.
Aside from that I hope you liked this tutorial and found it useful. If you are able to get BB rec screen recorder on iPhone without jailbreak, make sure to share this tutorial with others as well. Also don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @d_geeky for more tutorials like this.