I think everybody will agree that Google chromecast is one of the best streaming device in present times. As you all know that streaming from chromecast is as easy as pie but sometimes streaming from the network streaming applications like Kodi becomes a tricky task. Don’t worry, It’s easy with our how to chromecast with kodi guide.
If somebody hasn’t heard about this awesome device from Google yet, then we shall let you know that what is chromecast device ?
What is Chromecast Device
Chromecast is a Google’s latest media device, released worldwide on February 3, 2014. It is HDMI dongle type product which is basically like Roku and Apple TV or even Google TV. It allows you to stream from your Tablet, iPhone, laptop to your television specifically Netflix or Youtube. You can even cast your chrome browser directly to the HDTV and that way you can get access to other absent media sources such as Hulu that are not currently supported through other apps. This 35$ HDMI device plugs into your HDMI port on the television. Some of you must have been thinking that this is a Google Tv, But it is not a Google Tv. It is a separate product from Google which offers an exciting way of streaming media to your TV.
Read Also : Install kodi on iOS 9 device without jailbreak
However, there were a bunch of issues with this device initially but later they were fixed and still the fixing process has been going on. The last update of the Chromecast app was updated on December 17, 2015 with General bug fixes and overall improvements. According to NPD group which was also known as National Purchase Diary, about 400 million cast has been sold in its released year which was confirmed that Chromecast is the top-selling media device in the United States.
Now coming back to our topic:
Which is how to chromecast xbmc in a most easy way. Well we have two methods here to chromecast with kodi, one is simple but battery consuming way and the other one is little bit long(about 7 steps) but this will not consume so much battery. Choice is yours.
We are using android device to stream kodi content and streaming kodi with chromecast from iOS device is not supported.
How to chromecast with kodi
The simple way
- Open chromecast app on your Android phone. Now open the menu and select the “Cast screen/audio”. Follow the instructions for connecting to chromecast.
- Open Kodi. Find and play the video you want to watch.
- It will now start playing on both devices, the battery consuming thing here is that you can’t turn off the screen or attend calls etc.
The long way
The long way
- Download kodi, Es file explorer, localcast and playerfactorycore.
- Open Es file explorer and navigate to it’s settings then display settings. Make sure that “show hidden files” is selected there.
- Now also make sure that kodi(formerly XBMC) media center is connected to kodi app.
- Now navigate to the folder where you downloaded playerfactorycore.xml file and copy it.
- Go to Android > Data > org.xbmc.kodi > Files > .kodi > here look for userdata folder. Now paste the playerfactorycore.xml file in this folder.
- Now, open kodi and search for the video which you want to play. It will now automatically launch the localcast app. If it asks to choose from chromecast and localcast, simply select localcast.
- Once it completes loading, it will asks you to play and choose the device to stream.
Now again it will prompt you to play and finally, your video will start playing on tv connected with chromecast.
If you’re having any difficulty in executing above steps, just follow this video guide by raybansandfedora @ youtube.
So what you’re waiting for?
Apply any of above guides and start streaming chromecast with kodi now. Hope this was helpful for you. If you like this post then share it with your circle on social media. If you have any question regarding the chromecast and KODI then let us know by commenting below. Stay tuned to Drgeeky.com for more authentic and working backdoors.