A lot of times we want to install cydia apps in our iPhone or iPad and we are all set up with our computer and lightning cable but then we find out that the cydia app we want to sideload is a .deb file. Wouldn’t it be a lot easier if there was a way to convert .deb files into .ipa files? on windows? So that we can sideload them and install then on our iDevices without needing to jailbreak?
Well, today I will show you how to convert any .deb cydia tweak into .ipa file so that you can easily sideload them onto your iPhones, iPads and iPods. Before I begin what you should do to convert .deb to .ipa, I will like to inform you guys that you can not convert every .deb file into .ipa file.
There are a lot of cydia tweaks that rely on cydia substrate, which essentially is a framework that allow cydia tweaks to run without any issues. For that you need jailbreak. But if you want to convert a cydia app which runs without cydia substrate, like Gameboy, NES Emulators and Kodi, then you can use this guide. Let me repeat, Cydia Tweaks and Cydia Apps are two different things. You can convert cydia apps into ipa files but not Cydia tweaks.
Convert .deb file into .ipa to sideload
You will need a computer and a couple of tools that will help you in the process of conversion. I will be using a Windows Computer but if you have Mac or Linux, you can do it with essentially the same steps.
- You will need to download a unarchiver program in your computer. I use 7zip which is an awesome piece of open-source program that you can download from here.
- You will also need to have the .deb cydia app downloaded on to your computer. I am converting Kodi 16.1 jarvis deb file into .ipa file so I can get it from kodi website. You have to find deb file of the app you want to convert yourself.
- Also read: Install Kodi on iPhone without jailbreak using windows
- Install Hacked Pokemon Go latest version on iPhone without Jailbreak
- Save the .deb file in a folder and Right Click it. Select 7-zip and click Extract Files in the next menu.
- Now click OK on the next window and it will start extracting the contents on .deb file.
- Open the resulting Folder and you will find data.tar file inside. Simply extract data.tar file with Right Click > 7-zip > Extract Files.
- Now you should have data folder and data.tar file in the folder. As shown in the image below.
- Go inside the data folder and now open Applications folder. Here you will find a folder ending with .app name. As I have Kodi.app folder in the image attached below.
- Here I want you to create a new folder and name it “Payload” without quotes. Now you should have 2 folders. Payload and .app folder. Make sure that the P is capital as shown below.
- Now simply drag the .app folder and drop it on top of the Payload folder.
- Next you have to Right-click the payload folder and Click 7-zip > Add to archive option.
- A new window will pop up. Here you have to make sure that the Archive format is set to zip and name the archive ending with .ipa . The name doesn’t matter, just make sure that it ends with .ipa as shown below. After that click OK.
- It will start making the archive and you will find your ipa file inside the same folder.
Congrats you have successfully converted .deb cydia app into .ipa file. Now you can go ahead and sideload it using XCode or other means. Just keep in mind that you can’t sideload it using ifunbox and similar programs because it is not signed ipa file. You can install it if you have AppSync installed in your iPhone or you can sign it using your own Apple ID and then sideload it.
I hope that you found this quick tutorial helpful, make sure to share it with your friends and help them convert .deb files into .ipa files. Also follow us on twitter for more upcoming tutorials.