Ever since Instagram has introduced stories, it has become one of the most popular social media mobile apps. If you are a regular user of Instagram, you must have wished that you could download and save Instagram Pictures, Videos & Stories on your iPhone camera roll. There could be any reason for doing this, I am not going to judge you. Today, I will show you how to download full resolution Instagram Stories, videos, pictures, profile pictures of your iPhone running iOS 12.
Download Instagram Pictures, Videos, Stories & Profile picture on your iPhone camera roll – iOS 12
A lot of people have their Instagram profiles private. This trick may not work on these accounts. Also keep in mind that we will be using the official Shortcuts app from Apple, which was introduced with the iOS 12. This means that it will only work if you have iOS 12 on your iPhone.
- First of all, make sure that you have the official Shortcuts app installed on your iPhone. If you don’t have it, you can get it for free from the app store. I have linked it below.
- After that, simply press the green button below, to visit the Shortcut page. The Shortcut is called InstaSave and all credits to the maker of this shortcut.
- Download the shortcut and it should get installed inside the Apple Shortcuts app.
How to use it?
- Using it is very simple. To download any picture or video post, simply open the post and press the 3 dots menu and copy the post link.
- Now open the Shortcuts app and click the InstaSave option. This will start the download and save process automatically. After a few seconds, the video or picture will be saved inside your iPhone photos app.
- If you want to download the profile picture, or stories, the process is a bit different. This time you will need to open the Instagram profile of the person you want to download stories from, and press the 3-dots menu. Now copy the profile link.
- Now open the Shortcuts app and click the InstaSave option. This will give you a bunch of options, to download the stories, simply select the stories option and the download will start. Same goes for Profile picture as well.
That’s it for this quick tutorial on how to download and save Instagram Pictures, Videos, Stories and Profile picture on iPhone camera roll using iOS 12. If you liked this tutorial and found it to be helpful then make sure to share it with others and also don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for more updates.