Recently I have been getting quite a lot of questions from our readers that they are getting an error inside Pokemon Go which is Failed to detect location error. Upon further inspection I was able to narrow down this problem to Android phones as about 95% of the people reporting this error are on Android. Today I will show you a quick and easy way to fix this issue.
What is causing Failed to detect location in Pokemon Go?
As we all know that Android phones a very versatile and different from each other. There are many manufacturers that set different parameters of an android device according to their best interests. This error is showing in Pokemon Go because of an option called Allow Mock Locations.
This option allows Android users to hide their actual location from Apps and that is not what Niantic is allowing the players of Pokemon Go. It is turned OFF on many Android devices by default but some Android devices either have it turned ON by default or the user turned it ON while doing something. Either way, This is the reason why your Pokemon go is saying “Failed to detect location” because it has an inbuilt detection system to detect whether this option is turned ON or not.
How to Fix failed to detect location Pokemon Go
- First of all, you will need to close Pokemon Go on your phone. Make sure it is not even running in the background. Open recent apps screen and kill Pokemon Go by swiping it away.
- Now Open settings of your Android phone, and here you will need to search for Developer Options. If your phone has a search option, you should use that to find it.
- Just in case if you are not able to find developer options, Search for About device or About phone option, and here you will need to continuously tap on the “Build Number” until your Android phone says that developer options have been enabled. Now open Developer Options.
- Here you will need to scroll down until you find “Allow mock locations” options. The reason why you have been getting Failed to detect location error in Pokemon go is that of this option. Turn this option OFF and go back to home screen.
- Now open Pokemon Go, and now you should not face “Failed to detect location” error.
- If you are still facing this error, Open Settings of your phone and make sure that you have “High accuracy” selected under location settings.
If you found this quick tutorial helpful and were able to fix location error in Pokemon go, make sure to share it with others on Twitter and Google+. Follow us on Twitter and if you are facing any issue, let me know in the comments section below.