Recently I shared a workaround about GBA4iOS for iOS 9 which didn’t require a jailbreak, today I will show you how to install GBA4iOS emulator in iOS 9 and 10 which is the best Gameboy for iPhone without jailbreak.
Actually the method to get Gameboy for iPhone, I published before has stopped working that is why I am publishing a new method and hopefully, this will not stop working anytime soon.
Gameboy for iPhone without jailbreak – GBA4iOS Emulator
GBA4iOS is the best Gameboy emulator for iPhone in my opinion. You can play Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy color and many other types of games that you used to play in your childhood and relive those memories again.
You may also like: Watch live tv on iPhone iOS 9.3, iOS 10 without jailbreak
So without any further delay lets Install Gameboy for iPhone running iOS 9 and iOS 10 without jailbreak obviously.
- First of all, you will need a decent internet connection on your iPhone. By decent, I don’t mean super fast. if your internet connection is super fast then you might need to slow it down some way.
- Now open this link in safari web browser on your iPhone and tap on the green Install app button as shown in the image below.
- A pop-up will come up asking for installation permission. Tap on install and Go back to home screen.
- Now, while Gameboy emulator for iPhone is downloading, you will need to quickly go to Settings > General > Date & Time and set your iPhone date to anywhere inside 2014. Here if you have a really fast internet then it might play against you.
- Once done, go back to home screen and wait for the Gameboy emulator to get installed on your iPhone.
- After the installation is finished, go to Date & time settings again and set it back to current date.
- Now go to Settings > General > Profile and trust “Beijing HL95 Info…” profile associated with GBA4iOS.
- After all these steps, finally, you can open the GBA4iOS emulator and start using it just like any other app on your iPhone.
This method is completely safe and 100% working on iOS 9.3.1 all the way up to iOS 10 currently available versions. Now you can simply search for any of your favorite Gameboy roms, as soon as you hit the download page for the rom, you will see a page like this, where you can tap on Open in GBA4iOS and the game will be loaded into the emulator automatically.
Recently the above-provided link expired. I got a couple of you guys telling me in the comment section below. Thank you for letting me know. I have found another Gameboy for iPhone Emulator. This Emulator will let you Play GBA, SNES, NES and SEGA Games. You Don’t need Jailbreak for this although jailbreak for iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3 is available.
- Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and open this link in there.
- The above link will take you to the download page of the emulator. Now this is not GBA4iOS but it is even better. Because it supports more game formats.
- Before we install the emulator from the link given above. I want you to go to Settings > General > Date & Time and Toggle off the automatic switch.
- Now go back to safari and tap on the Gray Install button. A pop-up will show up, asking you if you want to allow the site to install the app. Just Tap on Install and Go back to Home Screen.
- The app should now start loading. If you feel like it is not starting the installation, Just power your iPhone off and then power it back ON. Once your iOS Device is back up, tap on the ghosted icon and it should jump start the installation.
- While the app is installing, Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and Roll the date back to 2012. Any month in 2012 will do.
- The app should now be installed. If you happen to have any problem, Just tap on the ghosted icon after setting the date to 2012 and it should get installed this time around.
- Once the App is installed, Set the date back to Automatic and now I want you to open this link.
- Install the ZipApp Free – Unarchiver on your iOS device.
- You will notice that the Gameboy emulator is not GBA4iOS. It is called Provenance. Now go to Settings > General > Profile & Device management and I want you to trust the developer profile. The profile is identifiable from the name “Beijing HL95…”
- Once you trust the developer profile, The Gameboy emulator will start working. Just open the emulator and go back to safari.
- Now you have to go to one of these links. You can go to any link based on the type of game you need.
Super Nintendo ROMs
- Once you are on the download page of the ROM file. You will see a screen like this.
- Just hit the “More…” button right next to the Open in button. There you have to select “Copy to Provenance” option from the more menu.
- As soon as the emulator finishes copying the ROM, It should normally show up inside Provenance app.
Not Every Rom is as easy to install because the zip files are different for different ROMs. If you end up with a game that does not show up in the emulator. Select “Open in ZipApp Free” button from the download page in safari and the ROM zip will be open in the unarchiver.
This most probably happens when there are loads of ROMs inside 1 zip file. All you need to do is extract that zip file inside the UnArchiver app and then tap and hold the ROM that you want inside the emulator. Select Open in button from the long press menu and then select Provenance from the list of apps.
Okay, If the above-mentioned methods are not working for you then don’t worry. Here I am with an updated guide to install GBA4iOS for iPhone without Jailbreak. No computer Needed. We will be using the mighty date trick that is still not fixed by Apple. Doesn’t matter if you are on iOS 9.3 or 9.3.5. This works on All 9.3.5 devices.
- Open Safari on your iOS 9.3 device and go to this link.
- There you will see a green Install button. Hit that button.
- After that, A Pop-up will show up. You have to select Install on that pop-up.
- Once done, go back to home screen and there you will see GBA4iOS installing. Now go inside Settings > General > Data & Time. Here you have to set the Date back to 2014. Any month in 2014 will do.
- No Go back to home screen and wait for GBA4iOS to get Installed. Once installed, Don’t open it.
- Go back to Settings > General > Date & Time and set the Date to automatic.
- Now you have to go to Settings > General > Profile & Device management and there you have to trust the untrusted developer Profile. If you don’t see the option, simply close Settings from App Switcher and go back in again.
- After all that, you can now Open GBA4iOS on your iPhone running latest iOS 9.3.5.
The method of Getting GBA ROMs on your iPhone has already mentioned above.
Update: Intall GBA4iOS on iOS 10 without jailbreak No computer needed
A lot of people complained that they were unable to inatall GBA4iOS on iOS 10 or the app is no longer working. I have found a method which allows you to install gba4ios emulator on iOS 10. Cool thing about this is that even if Apple revokes the certificate, it will get re-signed with in hours.
Just install it using the instructions below and if it gets revoked, come back again and re-install it.
- First of all you will need to open this link is Safari browser.
- The link will redirect you to a page where you will see a install page for gba4ios. Just tap on the blue button in the bottom of the screen and wait for a pop up.
- On pop up, press install and go back to home screen. Now wait for it to install completely.
- Once installed, Open Settings > General and look for “Profiles”, “Device Management” or “Profiles & Device management”. Select that.
- There you will find a developer profile, you will need to trust it. Simply tap on the name of the developer and tap on the trust button.
- Now simply go back and open up GBA4iOS and enjoy gameboy advance and gameboy color games on your iPhone running iOS 10.
GBA4iOS May 2017 update:
Just in case if you are unable to install GBA4iOS Gameboy emulator on your iPhone using the above methods, here is another way you can get it working without jailbreak and without computer. All credit goes to unlimapps for this method.
- Uninstall any version of GBA4IOS that you have installed on your iPhone. If you don’t have any version of GBA4IOS installed already, skip ahead to the next step.
- Go to Settings > Safari and Clear the cache and history of it. This step is optional but I recommend that you do this step as well.
- Now tap on this link and it will show you a pop up, asking if you want to install GBA4IOS on your iPhone. Press Install.
- Wait for the installation to complete and for the GBA4IOS icon to appear on the home screen.
- Lastly, Go to Settings > General > Profiles and trust the profile associated with GBA4iOS.
- Now your can open the Gameboys emulator and start playing your favorite games on your iPhone.
I hope you found this quick tutorial helpful. If you did the please make sure to share it with others on Twitter and Google+ and also follow us if you haven’t already for awesome tutorials like this one.