As we all know that Genesis Kodi Addon has stopped working because of the change in API, people have started to ask questions about Genesis Kodi Addon and one of the most asked questions about Genesis is “What is the best Genesis Alternative?” Today I will try to answer your this question by listing some of the best addons that are available for Kodi/XBMC and can easily replace Genesis.
As Genesis was a multi-source Kodi Addon, All the addons that I have listed below are multi-source kodi addons to provide you as identical experience as Genesis.
Multi-source kodi addons: These kind of kodi addons find links of movies and TV Show episodes from many streaming sites and list them inside your kodi installation. This provides flawless experience because the users get many streaming links of every movie and tv show.
Best Alternatives for Genesis Kodi Addon
In my opinion, Exodus is the best Alternative for both 1channel and Genesis Kodi Addon. If you want the most seemless experience with your movies and TV Shows then Exodus is the best addon that you can have in your kodi installation. Exodus Kodi addon is available for free in their own repository which is available in Fusion.
To install Exodus, you have to add Fusion Source in your Kodi box. Just Go to Setting > FileManager and Click Add Source.
Now Add this source URL in the URL box as shown in the picture below.
Write any name of the source, I have written FUSION.
Click OK. Now Go back to the main page and Click System > Settings.
Click Add-ons from the next window. For reference see the image attached below.
Click Install from zip file now click Fusion. If you saved the source URL as some other name then you will have to click that name.
Click xbmc-repos on next screen select English. Kodi will list all the repositories available in english category.
Select repository.exodus-1.0.0.zip from the list of repositories.
Now Exosus repository will get installer. Once you see Add-on enabled popup in the bottom right corner, Click on Install from Repository and select Exodus Repository from the next window.
Select video add-ons and then select Exodus. This will install Exodus Kodi Add-on and you can now watch movies and tv shows just like in Genesis.
Next us in the list of genesis alternatives in an awesome kodi addon called Velocity. This addon is on par with Genesis if not better. Velocity kodi addon is also a multi-source kodi addon just like Genesis and Exodus. It grabs data of movies and tv shows from trekt.tv. For the streaming links, it grabs the links from many streaming websites, such as primewire.
Velocity kodi addon in available in BlazeTamer Repo which you can grab in from tvaddons source. I have listed step by step guide on how to install Velocity kodi addon below.
- Open Kodi and from main screen of kodi navigate to System > File Manager.
- Double-Click on Add-source and enter this URL in the source url field. http://fusion.tvaddons.ag
- Click Done and Enter name of the source in the name field. I have entered Fusion. Click Done and Now Click OK.
- Go back to main screen of Kodi and Click on System > Settings > Add-ons and click Install from Zip File.
- Now select Fusion source from the list of sources and navigate to xbmc-repos > English > repository.blazerepo-x.x.x.zip
- Kodi will start adding BlazeTamer Repository. Once installed you shall see a pop-up saying Add-on Enabled.
- Now navigate to Install from repository and select BlazeTamer Repo from the list.
- Navigate to Video Add-ons and Install Velocity.
Once you see the notification of Add-on enabled, you can go to Video > Add-ons and start watching movies and TV shows in velocity add-on.
Stream All The Streams (SALTs)
SALTs is also a multi-source kodi addon for movies and TV Shows but this addon is not among my favorites because it doesn’t give as many streams of movies as Exodus and Velocity does. Although the streaming links for movies are not many but with Stream All The Streams kodi addon, you can rest assure that most of the links will be working flawlessly.
- To install SALTs in your kodi installation, you will have to download and install tknorris repository from github. Here is a direct link to the 1.0.5 version of tknorris repository.
- Download the zip file from the link given above and save it somewhere on your kodi machine.
- Now open Kodi and Go to System > Add-ons and Select Install from Zip File.
- Select the zip file you downloaded from 1st step above.
- Kodi will start installing the repository from the zip file. Once you see the notification of Add-on enbaled, proceed to next step.
- Now Click on Install from Repository and Select tknorris Beta testing repository from the list.
- Navigate to Video Add-ons and select Stream All The Sources and Install it.
- Once you see the notification of Add-on enabled, go to Video > Video Add-ons and Select Stream All the Sources Kodi add-on.
If you have any other suggestion and want us to include it in this list, make sure to comment it below in the comment section and don’t forget to follow us on twitter, Google+ and also subscribe to our youtube channel.