Whenever you talk about Streaming music Online, Spotify, Pandora and SoundCloud are the music streaming services that hit your mind first. While Spotify and Pandora are Premium services with monthly service charges, SoundCloud is available for free. Ever wondered, can we use SoundCloud offline? Today I will tell you how to download Music from SoundCloud on Mac, Windows, Android and iPhone as well.
SoundCloud app lets you save and listen to songs while you are offline. You can stream the songs once, while you are online, and then it gets cached in your device and you can listen to it with in the app. But what if you would like to Save it as MP3? Following methods let you save those songs as MP3.
There are multiple methods of downloading music from SoundCloud on Every Device and I will tell you all possible ways of downloading tracks from SoundCloud for free.
Disclaimer: SoundCloud is a music streaming service which was not intended for Music Downloads. If you are downloading music from SoundCloud using our tutorials, You might be infringing copyrights of the artist hence we take NO responsibility. Don’t use this method to rip music off SoundCloud.
How to download Music Tracks from SoundCloud on Android?
As you may already know that there is Official App of SoundCloud which is available for Android devices. You can download and stream songs from that app. SoundCloud app lets you save and listen to songs while you are offline. You can stream the songs once, while you are online, and then it gets cached in your device and you can listen to it with in the app. But what if you would like to Save it as MP3? Following methods let you save those songs as MP3.
Downloading Tracks from SoundCloud on Android can get a little tricky but there is a Universal way of download SoundCloud Songs as MP3 that works on any OS including Android. Just Scroll to the bottom of this page to see that universal method.
- First of all open Google Play Store and Search for SoundCloud.
- The Official SoundCloud app should pop right up. If for some reason the app doesn’t popup, you can download SoundCloud APK file from here.
- You will also require a file explorer app which lets you browse through the file system of your device. I prefer ES File Explorer over any other app and you can get it from Google Play Store for free.
- Now open SoundCloud app and signup for an account, I prefer using Facebook or Google+ sign in as it makes your life a lot simple and efficient.
- Once you are logged into the app, Search for any Music Track you want to download in your Android device.
- Now you can either pause the song and let it buffer completely or give it a complete Play. Either way, the point here is to download the track from SoundCloud to the filesystem of Android device.
- After that Open ES File Explorer and Navigate to /sdcard/android/app/com.soundcloud.android/files/stream/Complete.
- There you will find a lot of files with names containing weird combination of Letters and Numbers. Just look for the Newest file that is added to Complete folder.
- Long press the file and copy it to some other folder in sdcard. Next you need to rename the file and add .mp3 at the end of the file name.
- Enjoy! Now your music player will identify the song as MP3 and you have successfully downloaded the song as MP3.
Download Music from SoundCloud on iPhone as MP3 using SoundCloud+
Android is an open-source Operating System which allows you to do a lot of things to your device without requiring root access. iOS on the other hand is closed-sources OS, in some cases you may require to jailbreak your iPhone for smallest things like downloading music from SoundCloud.
If you don’t have jailbreak iPhone, you can still download music from SoundCloud by using our No Jailbreak Universal method. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you shall be good to go.
- First of all, install the SoundCloud app in your iPhone, iPad or iPOD Touch.
- Open Cydia and press Sources tab. Make sure the following repo is added to the sources.
http://repo.insanelyi.com/ OR http://repo.xarold.com/
- After adding any one of these sources, search for SoundCloud+ in cydia and install it.
- Once the tweak is installed successfully, Respring your iPhone once and you should be good to go.
- Now whenever you are listening to a song in SoundCloud App, there you will see a button by which you can download it to your iPhone.
If you are using iPad or iPod Touch, this method should also work the same.
How to download music from SoundCloud to Windows Computer?
Windows being the most widely used Operating Sytem, because Windows is the most user friendly desktop Operating System. There are a couple of ways you can download soundcloud songs on your PC. The most easy method is to use a Google Chrome Extenstion.
If you are not high on Google Chrome or anything, you can scroll down to the bottom of this post and use the Universal method which works on any Operating System without any hickups.
- Open Google Chrome on your Windows PC.
- Now navigate to this link.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button and the extension will get installed on your PC.
- Now navigate to SoundCloud website and search for any song of your choice.
- You will notice that now there is an extra Download button next to every track.
- Click on that Download button and the song will start to download on your PC. The song is in MP3 format which is what we require.
Congratulations, Now you can download music from soundcloud on your computer in MP3 format.
How to download SoundCloud music on Mac?
Apple likes to keep things simple but there are a lot of things that I find complicated in their device. But there a couple of ways you can download sound tracks from soundcloud on your Mac PC. The method given below includes installation of an app which I don’t like.
If you don’t want to install any app on your Mac, follow our All in One method that works on every Operating System.
- open Safari web browser and Open this link.
- Click on the download button corresponding to your Mac OS version.
- As soon as you click the download button, a installation file will start downloading.
- Once the file finishes downloading, Open the file by clicking on it.
- You may see a warning saying “SoundCloud Downloader” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
- Click OK. Now go to System Preferances and Then Click Security and Privacy.
- Click the Lock icon in the bottom left corner of the window and Mac will ask you to enter your password.
- After entering your login details, Click Anywhere and Then click Allow from Anywhere from the popup.
- Once done. Open Souncloud Downloader and click Open from the popup that shows up.
- Voila! The SoundCloud Downloader is now working and I recommend you NOT to download any adware that comes with this.
Now you can paste URL of any SoundCloud Song and download it in MP3 format.
Universal method of downloading music from SoundCloud in MP3 format.
Now this is my most favorite method of downloading music from soundcloud in any Operating System. No matter which Operating System you are using, This method always work. The reason why I am putting this method at the end is because it can get a DMCA takedown notice anytime.
If you are using iOS, you may require to download Total Downloader from App Store because Safari Mobile doesn’t allow MP3 downloads.
- Open any browser that supports downloads in your Operating System.
- Now navigate to this link and enter URL of any song that you want to download off SoundCloud, and click the convert button.
- After processing of a couple of seconds. You shall see a big Green download button which is what you need to click. And the download shall start instantly.
This method works on iPhone without jailbreak which means you can download the MP3 Songs from Soundcloud of your iPhone NO JAILBREAK REQUIRED.
If you enjoyed downloading songs from SoundCloud, Please share it with others on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Email list and follow us on social networks.