A few weeks ago I published a tutorial on How to install kodi on iOS devices using Window. Which got a great amount of positive response and there were quite a few people asking if this will work on Apple TV on not. Well, today I will tell you how to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 without Mac using Windows. There are quite a few steps that you have to take and just like xCode method, this is also not permanent. You will need to do it every 7 days but it is very easy once you get the steps done. That is because you wouldn’t need to build the IPA file for kodi every week.
Disclaimer: Before you begin installing Kodi on your Apple TV 4, I would like to mention here that you are responsible for every step you are taking. Although it is virtually impossible to break your computer or ATV4 using this method. Kodi is one of the most widely used programs by pirates. And if you are planning to use these add-ons on Kodi, make sure that you are connected to the internet via a VPN.
Install Kodi on Apple TV w/o Mac using Window
As you may already know, sideloading apps to Apple products have already been difficult. I am not saying that this method is difficult, but it does require some pre-requisites before you can start the sideloading process.
Probably you already have most of these, but still, it is better to be safe that sorry 😀
- Your Apple TV 4 running TVOS 9 or 10 (I haven’t tested it on TV OS 8)
- A computer running Windows 7 or later. If you have Mac or Linux and want to use an easier way of installing Kodi on your Apple TV, you are also covered. 🙂
- Next, you will need a USB-C cable which will let you connect ATV4 to your computer. I have windows laptop with normal USB-A ports. If you also have regular USB-A ports on your computer, you can use this cable which I am using.
- You will also need to download Kodi.ipa file for TVOS. If you want to make your own Kodi IPA file, I have that as well below. Keep in mind that this IPA file will get old so it’s better to make your own using the tutorial below.
- The Latest version of iTunes also needs to be installed. Not working, just needs to be installed.
- Cydia Impactor: This Program will be used to sideload Kodi on your ATV4. If you have Mac OS, you will need to download Mac OS version of Cydia Impactor.
Making Kodi IPA file from deb file
If you downloaded the pre-built IPA file from the above-mentioned link, you can skip to the next part. I am just copying from this page where I made a full tutorial on converting deb files into IPA. If you are facing any problem in this tutorial, you can get more info on that page.
- Download Kodi deb file for TVOS from this link.
- Save the .deb file in a folder and Right Click it. Select 7-zip and click Extract Files in the next menu.
- Now click OK on the next window and it will start extracting the contents of the .deb file.
- Open the resulting Folder and you will find data.tar file inside. Simply extract data.tar file with Right Click > 7-zip > Extract Files.
- Now you should have data folder and data.tar file in the folder. As shown in the image below.
- Go inside the data folder and now open Applications folder. Here you will find a folder ending with a .app name. As I have Kodi.app folder in the image attached below.
- Here I want you to create a new folder and name it “Payload” without quotes. Now you should have 2 folders. Payload and .app folder. Make sure that the P is capital as shown below.
- Now simply drag the .app folder and drop it on top of the Payload folder.
- Next, you have to Right-click the payload folder and Click 7-zip > Add to archive option.
- A new window will pop up. Here you have to make sure that the Archive format is set to zip and name the archive ending with .ipa . The name doesn’t matter, just make sure that it ends with .ipa as shown below. After that click OK.
Install Kodi on Apple TV 4 without Mac using Windows
Once you have the IPA file of Kodi for Apple TV and Cydia impactor downloaded and working fine. Follow the steps given below and you should be able to install it without any hiccups.
Just keep in mind that Kodi will stop working after 7 days but the best thing about this method is that you only need to repeat the steps given below. No need to convert the kodi deb file again, Just use the previously built IPA file.
- Connect your Apple TV to your computer, using USB-C cable. Make sure it is turned ON and hooked up with your TV screen.
- Once connected, you will need to open the Cydia Impactor and make sure that your Apple tv is showing up inside the Cydia impactor. If it is not showing up, Re-install iTunes and reboot your computer.
- After your Apple TV 4 is showing up inside the Cydia impactor, you will need to drag and drop the kodi IPA file on Cydia impactor. This is important that you don’t click on any button. Simply take the IPA file of kodi, Drag it over the impactor and drop it.
- A pop-up window will come up asking for your Apple ID. Here you will need to enter your Apple ID. Don’t worry it is 100% safe and I have answered all of your questions here. If you still don’t trust, make a new apple id.
- After that, enter the password for that Apple ID and the Installation of Kodi on your Apple TV will begin.
- You might see a warning window like this, simply click OK.
After it is done installing kodi on your Apple TV, disconnect it from your computer.
If everything went correct, you will be able to see Kodi on your Apple TV screen and use it just like any app. Facing problems? Click here to know the solution of common Cydia impactor errors.
If you were able to install kodi on Apple TV 4 without Mac using Windows, share it with others and also make sure to follow us on Twitter of every update. Keep visiting drgeeky.com for all your Apple tutorials.