Whatsapp, owned by Facebook, is one of the most widely used messaging apps on smartphones and you can get it on iPhone and any Android device. But the problem comes if you have iPad or iPod Touch. Unfortunately Whatsapp needs phone capability to install on iOS devices and iPad doesn’t have that. Today I will show you how to install Whatsapp on iPad without jailbreak and without iPhone.
There are a ton of tutorials out there where you can install Whatsapp on iPad without jailbreak but you require iPhone for that. It might be convenient for those who have iPhone but those who don’t have iPhone, can’t do it. Fortunately I have found a method which allows you to install Whatsapp on iPad without iPhone and no jailbreak obviously.
- Also read: Install Hacked Pokemon Go latest version on iPhone without Jailbreak
- Kodi on iPhone without jailbreak on Windows – No XCode No Mac
How to Install whatsapp on iPad without iPhone and without jailbreak
You will need a couple of things before you dive into this tutorial. Probably you will have all of these already but I have listed all of the pre-requisites below just in case.
- A computer. Probably you will have Windows or Mac computer and luckily this method works for both operating systems. It also works on Linux if you use that.
- Latest version of iTunes. You will need to have latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You don’t need to open it up. Just install it and keep it closed.
- Moded version of whatsapp for iPad. This version of whatsapp is modified to work best on iPads. It works in full screen mode on iPads. You can download it using the link given below. This version of Whatsapp is not called Whatsapp, instead it is a modded version of Whatsapp which is called Whatspad++. It will allow you to use it on your iPad in fullscreen without needing iPhone.
- Cydia Impactor. If you are thinking about jailbreak then don’t worry. We aren’t jailbreaking our iPad. Cydia impactor is an awesome tool that allow you to use un-signed ipa files on your iOS devices without needing to jailbreak. You will need to download latest version of Cydia Impactor from this link.
- Usb cable. A usb cable will also be needed, If your iPad use 30 pin connector then you will need that cable, lightning otherwise.
- First of all you need to connect your iPad without your computer using the USB cable. Many users don’t realize that there are tools installed in their computer. If any tool opens up when you connect your iPad, just close that program. Even if it is iTunes.
- If you are using Mac OS then you will need to run the .dmg file of Impactor and install it as a normal application. If you are using Windows then you will need to Extract the .zip file of Impactor. Just don’t move any of the files from their location. Some people move or extract just the imapctor.exe file out of the zip file and complain that is it not working. Just extract and use the program from that folder.
- Open the Cydia impactor and you will see your iPad listed in there. If you don’t have your iPad listed in cydia impactor, you will need to re-install iTunes and make sure that your iPad is showing up in iTunes.
- Once your iPad is showing in Cydia Impactor, you will go to the ipa file of whatsapp you downloaded before. Just drag and drop the ipa file on to the cydia impactor. Don’t click any buttons, just drag and drop the ipa file in cydia impactor.
- Next Cydia Impactor will ask you to enter an Apple ID, this is required. You will need to enter a valid Apple ID in there and it will sign whatsapp and install it on your iPad. If you are skeptical about this then you can make a new Apple ID and use that instead. Cydia Impactor is 100% safe and it only uses the Apple ID to sign the ipa file.
- As soon as you will enter your Apple ID in there, it will start signing the ipa file and within a couple of minutes you will see whatsapp on your iPad. This version of whatsapp is called Whatspad and it is modded to work on iPads.
- As soon as you see whatsapp icon on your iPad, you can disconnect the USB cable. Now go inside Settings > General > Profile and device management and tap on the Apple ID you used inside the Cydia Impactor.
- Tap on Trust button and trust your Apple ID. Basically here you are telling Apple that you trust all the apps signed by your Apple ID. While doing this, make sure that your iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network because it needs to talk to Apple servers.
- Now you can go back to your homescreen and open the whatspad app. You will notice that it doesn’t tell you that your device is not supported. Just enter your phone number and verify it.
Congratulations now you have installed whatsapp on iPad without iPhone and without jailbreak as well. Before you leave I want to mention a couple of things that I think you should know about this version of Whatsapp.
- This method of installing Whatsapp on iPad only works for 7 days because Apple don’t allow free Apple IDs to sign the apps longer than that. After 7 days, you will need to do this process again, just don’t delete the Whatspad app and it will not delete the chats.
- The version of Whatsapp we are using here only works for iOS 9 devices. So if you have iPad running iOS 9-9.3.4, it will work for you. Else it wouldn’t. Also it is 100% safe and you don’t have to worry about the privacy of your Whatsapp data.
- Your Apple ID is not being used for anything other than signing the ipa file. You don’t have to use the same Apple ID which you are using in your iPad, just use any Apple ID.
I hope that you were able to install Whatsapp on iPad without iPhone and without jailbreak. If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, make sure that you drop a comment down below and also make sure to share it with others so that everyone can enjoy Whatsapp on their iPads.