Installing Kodi on iPhone can quickly become a headache, especially if you don’t have the jailbreak. Sure, there are a ton of tutorials available online which allow you to install Kodi on iPhone without jailbreak but those tutorials are very much useless for a majority of iPhone users. That is because you need Mac OS, XCode and have to follow a whole bunch of steps that a regular iPhone user can’t. Today I will show you how to install Kodi on your iPhone without Jailbreak on any OS, without XCode as well.
In other words, you will be able to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad using your Windows computer. That is exactly what I will be doing in front of yours.
Disclaimer: Before I start with the process, I would like to tell you guys that you will need a computer, it is not a “No Computer Needed” tutorial. Now you might be thinking then what is the use of this tutorial then? It is a lot simpler for those who don’t have access to Mac and XCode, or simply don’t want to go through all the hassle of XCode project creation.
Install Kodi on iPhone, iPad without Jailbreak No XCode or Mac Needed
First of all, you will need to download a couple of files on your PC. Doesn’t matter if you have, Windows, Mac or Linux, It works the same. I have listed all the files, programs and hardware you will need for this tutorial to go smoothly.
- You will need iTunes installed on your PC, doesn’t have to be running. Just have to be installed.
- Lightning or 30-pin cable to connect your iOS device to PC.
- Un-signed Kodi file. Link here OR here OR here. Just in case if the links stop working, here is a step by step guide to convert .deb file of kodi into kodi.ipa.
- Cydia Impactor for your Computer. This software is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. So no problems of having iOS app signer and XCode and all that stuff. Link here.
Install Kodi without jailbreak and XCode
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, and make sure that it is turned ON.
- Once your computer detects your iOS device, you can proceed to next step. If iTunes or some other program pops up then close that first.
- Extract the Impactor zip file somewhere in your computer and Open Impactor.exe. Don’t select “Run as Administrator” for Cydia Impactor.
- Make sure that your iOS device is detected by Cydia Impactor. Like in the image shown below, My iPad is detected by Cydia Impactor.
- If there are multiple iOS devices in the list, select the one that you want to install Kodi on.
- After that Drag and drop the IPA file in Cydia Impactor. The IPA file you downloaded from the links given above. (If the links are not working then please comment below and I will update them, I hope my readers will help me making the mirrors 😉
- Now Cydia Impactor will ask you to Enter your Apple ID. Don’t worry, Cydia Impactor comes from /u/saurik who made Cydia. The program is as secure as it gets. Just in case if you don’t want to use your Apple ID, make a new one for this purpose.
- Once you have entered Apple ID credentials, it will start signing the IPA file and will install it on your iPhone or iPad. This can take a couple of minutes so just grab your drink, sit back and relax.
- If you see any warnings while installation, just press OK. It is saying that It may cause some hiccups in your workflow if you are Apple Developer, Which probably isn’t the case.
Within a couple of minutes, you will see Kodi on your home screen. You can not open it yet. To open Kodi, you will need to manually trust the developer certificate which is your own in this case. Go to Settings > General and right under the VPN, you will find “Profiles,” “Device management” OR “Profiles and Device Management.”
Go inside this option and trust the profile which has your Apple ID. While trusting your developer certificate, stay connected to the internet otherwise, it will give you an error. Now you can Go back and open up Kodi. Congrats and You’re Welcome. Make sure to check Top Kodi Addons.
Before you leave, just keep in mind that you will need to resign Kodi again using Cydia Impactor after 7 days. This is the policy of Apple, can’t do much on that. But at least it is a lot easier to do than XCode.
Within a couple of days, I got a great amount of Support, Questions and some criticism as well. So I am updating you guys with some answers to the question I am getting asked very frequently.
Q #1: How to custom sources in this version of Kodi to get unofficial addons?
A: If you are in a perception that this is not an official Kodi build then you are, kind of, right. Officially code is available in a .deb file for iOS users. This is a converted file which is converted from .deb to .ipa
Other than that, it’s 100% original. Many people are having problems with the look of Kodi on their iPhone. Kodi has a different theme for Touch-enabled devices as compared to tv and PC. What you have to do is Click the Wrench button in bottom left corner in Kodi, Go to Appearance and change the theme back to “Confluence.”
This will give you classic Kodi-look that you guys are missing.
Q#2: Do I have to setup Kodi addons again after 1 week, when it stops working?
A: The thing is Kodi is signed using your Apple ID, you installed your favorite kodi addons, and everything was great. Then after 7 days, kodi stops working. This is because Apple allows free users to sign the app for only 7 days.
Now, you don’t have to worry. Just don’t delete Kodi from your iDevice. Go back to your PC and follow this guide again. And your Kodi will restore from the same spot where it stopped.
If you ended up Deleting Kodi when it stopped working, you have to do all the work again.
Update: Install Kodi on iPhone without computer
After a ton of research and hard work, I was able to find a way to install and run kodi on your iPhone without a computer and without jailbreak. This is all because of your love and support. Keep in mind that this method works on iOS 9 to 10.3 and above at the time of writing this tutorial, but it may stop working at any time, This is not a permanent method of installing kodi on iOS 10 in any way.
Before you start installing kodi on your iPhone using this method, I want to tell you that this is not 100% working version of kodi and the installation is also a lot more complex than before.
- First of all, you will need to download PlayGlass from this link. It is very simple, just open the link in safari on your iDevice and press the big green button with download icon on it.
- It will ask you for your permission to install it on your device, press the “Install” option and press home button.
- Now click the link given below and it will take you to the AppStore page for Kodi remote. You will need to download that as well.
- Once you have both the apps installed on your iPhone, go into Settings > General > Profiles section and trust the developer certificate for PlayGlass. This is essential otherwise it wouldn’t work.
- Now go back to home screen and open PlayGlass, you will notice that it is Kodi but looking a bit weird. That is completely normal and I will tell you how to fix that.
- If you will put your phone in landscape mode, you will be able to control the interface by using the left box.
- Tap on the right most option in the user interface and you will land in settings. I know it is a bit tricky that is why I have added a video walk through at the end of this tutorial.
- Now select the first option from the settings and select 2nd option in the next page. If you notice now, you will see that there is an option called Chinese, you have change language of your kodi interface from there.
- After that, tap on the ‘Settings level’ button which is last button in the settings page, until it says “Expert”
- Go back from the language settings to the main settings of kodi and select System settings.
- Here you will see a setting called “Preferred mode”, tap on that and select 2D. Doing this will fix the double screen and you will be able to access kodi on your iPhone normally.
- Now if you want to install add-ons in your kodi installation, which is obviously the case, you should watch the video given below. It will be much easier for you to follow along.
Updated Easiest method to get Kodi on iPhone No Computer No Jailbreak needed:
Here is another method and possibly the easiest way to get Kodi on iPhone without jailbreak and without computer. Let’s jump right into it.
- Open this link in safari and you will see a popup asking you if you want to install Kodi on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Install button and go back to homescreen, wait for the Kodi icon to show up.
- Now go to Settings > General > Profiles and here you will need to trust the developer ccertificate for Kodi.
- Once done, you will be able to go back to homescreen and open kodi, just like any other app. This is 17.0 Krypton Final version.
- If you would like you have old layout of kodi then you will need to tap on the gear button in kodi and change the appearance settings. The skin you are looking for is called Confluence.
Update: April 2017
Install Kodi on iPhone without jailbreak and without computer
Okay guys, here is the update. I was looking for a solution as many of you guys have reported that the “Easiest Method” is no longer working. I have found a working version of both Kodi 16 Jarvis and Kodi 17 Krypton for iPhone without jailbreak and without computer.
- If you want to install Kodi 17 Krypton on your iPhone then click here and if you want Kodi 16 Jarvis, you will need to click here.
- Now a popup will show asking for your permission to install kodi. Click Install.
- Wait for kodi app icon to show on the home screen of your iPhone. Once the installation is completed go to Settings > General > Profiles & device Management.
- Here you will need to find the developer and trust it while connected to the Internet.
Update May 2017
Kodi has been updated to the famous tutuapp and all you have to do is follow the steps given below and you will be able to download Kodi without computer and without jailbreak.
- Open this link in Safari and here you will need to tap on the “Regular” text on the top right corner. Don’t worry we don’t need the paid version.
- Now tap on the Download button and press “Install” when the popup shows up.
- Go back to home screen and let the tutuapp install.
- Now Open Settings > General > Profiles and Trust the “Chinasoft Resource” developer profile.
- Next up, open tutuapp and tap on “Apps” from the bottom bar. Now search for Kodi and download it using the ‘Get’ button.
- Tap on the “Install” option and let it install on the home screen.
- Once installed, you will again need to go to Settings > General > Profiles and trust the “ROAD&BRIDGE” developer profile and now you can use Kodi.
Just in case if you find the look the Kodi different, scroll up and I have told how to get the classic Kodi look under the FAQ section.
If you have any questions, just drop them in the comments below, and I will try to update this tutorial as much as I can.
The last thing that I want to say is if you write a how-to guide, please make sure to link back to this page. Share it with your friends and help them get Kodi on their iPhone and iPad without needing to Jailbreak or Mac and XCode. Because its all done on Windows. 😉