Samsung announced their latest flagship phones a few days ago and they made a huge deal about their own Artificial Assistant called Bixby. A lot of people are skeptical about this decision as Google Assistant is already available on latest android phones including Galaxy S8. I don’t know why but a lot of people on YouTube and Web are saying that you can’t remap Bixby key on Galaxy S8 when it is possible without root. In this tutorial I will show you how to remap Bixby key on Galaxy S8 without root. I will also show you how to disable Bixby completely at the end of this tutorial.
How to remap Bixby Button on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus?
- First of all you will need to download a free app from the Google play store called BxActions. This app is specifically designed for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to remap that extra button.
- Once downloaded, open it up and it will say Please Activate BxActions. Simply click on that button and it will take you to the accessibility settings.
- Here you will need to scroll down and select BxActions and Enable it.
- Once done, go back to the BxActions app and it should now say “Enjoy Now”. Tap on this button and now you will be able to set whatever you like to the Bixby Button.
- There are several gestures like Single press, Long Press and Double press so you can get full use of that extra hardware button.
How to Disable Bixby from Galaxy S8 completely?
Let’s suppose that you want to completely disable the Samsung Bixby from your galaxy s8 after remaping the button. Obviously no one wants to have bunch of AI Assistants on one phone.
- There is a simple trick to disable it and that is to go to home screen of your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus and pinch in. Touch the screen with two fingers and bring them closer.
- This will open an overview of panes of the home screen. Here you can disable Bixby by turning off a switch showing on the Bixby panel.
That is it for this quick tutorial on how to remap Bixby Button on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and how to disable Bixby completely. If got found this quick tutorial helpful then make sure to share it with others on social networking sites and also make sure to follow us on twitter @d_geeky for future updates.