Today I will show you how you can upload any file to the internet without needing to jailbreak or install cydia. iOS can get a little tricky at times, specially when Apple doesn’t allow you to do something as basic as uploading a file. Basically iOS 9.3, 9.2 or any other version for that matter running on your iPhone, iPad or iPhone touch doesn’t allow you to use the flash storage of the device as a storage space.
Unlike Android, in iPhone you can only use your iPhone’s storage for Videos, Audio files, Apps and pictures. That is why you are not allowed to download or upload any other file type except the ones mentioned. Whereas in Android the storage space your device has can be used as a portable flash drive.
Before I tell you how you can upload something other than media files from your iPhone, I would like to tell you that this process doesn’t work in all scenarios. I might work for one instance and fail for another.
How to upload any file to internet from iPhone No Cydia required
Basically we are using here a cloud storage solution which is so integrated in the iOS 7, 8 or 9 that it allows something that is not allowed by your iPhone. And that Cloud storage is Dropbox.
- First of all if you want to upload a file to a website, you must have to have that file stored in your dropbox storage. If you don’t yet have a dropbox account then you can signup using this link and get started.
- There are many online solutions that allow you to move files from one cloud storage to another without having to download it to your computer or iPhone. Here is a very good service which makes moving files between cloud storages a breeze.
- Once you have the file in your dropbox, you can simply go to the website where you want to upload it and tap on the upload button.
- A pop-up will show up asking for the source of the file you want to upload. Select “More” option there and enable the dropbox in the next screen.
- Now tap on done and you will see the dropbox option with Photo Library and other options.
- Select dropbox and if you are not logged in then login using you dropbox credentials. Once logged in, you can see all the files in your dropbox.
- Select the file you want to upload from your dropbox and then your iPhone will start downloading that file and then it will upload that file itself.
- While the process might feel cumbersome, this is the only way, what I know, that you can upload a non-media file to the internet using your iPhone.
If you have any easier and better solution than the one metioned above then please let me know in the comments section below and I will be more than happy to know and update this post with proper credits. Make sure to follow us on twitter and Google+ and share this trick with others over social media.