Torrents can be a lot of fun for many people, specially torrent movies and tv shows. Chromecast on the other hand can be good media device but its limited to YouTube, Pandora, Netflix and some other apps like Kodi. What if you could watch torrent movies on chromecast? That’s right. Today I will show you how to watch torrents on chromecast using your Android.
Before I start to show you the process of watching torrents on chromecast, I would like to mention here that watching torrented movies and tv shows is a crime in a lot of countries and it can get you in trouble if you don’t use free or paid VPN service. And even if you watch movies using VPN, it is still morally wrong and I would recommend only watching torrents on chromecast if you don’t have another choice.
How to watch torrents on chromecast
I am sharing this method assuming that you already have Android phone or tablet and chromecast. If that is not the case then you can buy a cheap Android phone and chromecast from the links given below.
- First of all you will need to have your chromecast and Android phone at the same Wi-Fi network. To check, just open YouTube app on your smartphone and play any video. If you see a chromecast button, tap on it. Your chromecast should be listed in on your phone, if that is it, you are good to go.
- Now you will need to open your favorite torrent site on your Android phone and search for any movie that you would like to watch on chromecast.
- On the torrent page, press and hold that magnet button and copy the link url from it. Just in case if the torrent doesn’t have atleast 10 seeders, don’t choose that torrent. Every torrent site has the magnet link, you just need to look at right spot.
- Now open this link in your Android phone and signup for a free or paid account over there. With free account you get 2GB of torrent space that you can use for as many torrents as you want. But if you use the link given above, you’ll get 500MB extra.
- After you have created the account, go to files section and paste the torrent magnet link we copied earlier. You can go and copy the torrent link again if you don’t have it in your clipboard anymore.
- Once you hit add, your torrent movie or tv show will show up in your files section. Most of the time it happens instantly but sometimes it can take a couple of minutes.
- After that, just tap the torrent movie or tv show file and a player will come up. There you can watch the torrent. But you need to hit the chromecast button as highlighted below. Sometimes the buttons don’t show up, you don’t have to worry about it. Because the button is there, its just not showing up. Tap the area where button should have been and you are good to go.
- As soon as you press the chromecast button, it will start searching for any chromecast device and show up in the list. Select your chromecast tv and the movie will start playing on chromecast.
This tutorial also works if you want to cast torrents on your smart tv, if your smart tv supports casting feature. If you have miracast, you can mirror your smartphone display onto your tv but I wouldn’t recommend it. You will have to keep the screen of your mobile phone ON all the time, which will drain the battery a lot faster.
There you have it guys, now you can watch torrent movies on chromecast without needing to download them. If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section below and I will try to answer them all. Dont forget to share this tutorial with your friends and follow us on social media. Also subscribe to our newsletter to get all the tutorials in your inbox.