If you have downloaded any torrents on iPhone in the past, you will know that the go-to client for torrents is the iTransmission App. The only down-side of the iTransmission app is that it only works on jailbroken iPhone. But not anymore. Today, I will show you how you can get iTransmission on iPhone without Jailbreak. That’s right, No Cydia is required and it works flawlessly. You will need a computer though. Let us not waste any more time and get right into it.
iTransmission on iPhone without Jailbreak
This tutorial works for all Apple Devices that are running iOS. This includes iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches. If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, don’t forget to drop them in the comments section below and I will make sure to answer them as soon as possible.
Even though the iTransmission app allows users to download torrents on their iPhones, it is completely up to the users what kind of torrents they download. This tutorial is only for educational purposes and we do not support any sorts of piracy. If any of the readers end up using this information to commit a crime, like Copyrights Violation, the reader will be solely responsible for the consequences.
Features of iTransmission 5:
- You can download any torrent from the web, directly onto your iPhone’s storage.
- iTransmission comes pre-built with a browser that you can use to browse and find the perfect torrents for you.
- It allows for multiple options, including Magnet & Web, which you can use to load the torrents into the downloader.
- You can offload the torrents to your Computer wirelessly as it has built-in web server feature.
- Background Downloading. This feature is more of a trick than an actual feature. Basically, the iTransmission app tricks iOS into thinking that it is using the Microphone all the time. This allows iTransmission to stay in the memory of the iPhone indefinitely.
To start the installation, you will need to download the latest version of Cydia Impactor on your computer from the official website. You will also need to have iTunes installed on your computer. You will also need to download the iTransmission 5 IPA file on your computer using the link given below.
- Assuming that you have already downloaded and installed the latest version of Cydia Impactor on your computer, connect your iPhone with the computer by using the USB Cable.
- If your iPhone prompts you to trust the computer or not, Press Trust and this should start the communication of your iPhone with the computer.
- Now Close the iTunes window if it has opened automatically.
- Open the Cydia Impactor program and your iPhone, or iPad for that matter, should be visible in here. If it is not, you will need to reinstall the iTunes again.
- Now simply drag and drop the iTransmission IPA file on the Impactor window. Don’t click any button, simply click-drag-and-drop the IPA from on the Cydia Impactor.
- It will now ask you to enter a valid Apple ID. Enter an Apple ID that is under your use. It will also ask for the password, enter and password and the installation should now start immediately.
- Within a couple of moments, you will see the confirmation of the installation as ‘Complete’ on the Cydia Impactor. Now you can unplug your iPhone from your computer.
- The last step before you can use the Torrents downloader on your iPhone, you will need to open Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management. This is where you will need to trust the Apple ID that you had entered earlier in the Impactor.
That’s it for this quick tutorial on how to get iTransmission 5 on your iPhone without jailbreak. If you don’t want to use the computer and still want to download torrents on your iPhone, you can use our guide to download torrents without a torrent client. Don’t forget to share this tutorial with others if you found it helpful. If you are having any trouble with the Cydia Impactor, try this solution.